Liebster Award for Roaming Pirates – A Proud Moment
Hi Friends! I’m glad to share this proud moment of honour and overwhelming joy with you. ‘Roaming Pirates’ has been nominated and selected for the ‘Liebster Award 2017’.
I started blogging in May, 2017. Being a new travel blogger, I’m slowly trucking down this blogging journey and was delightfully surprised to be selected.
I would like to thank ‘Mr Rahat Arora’ for nominating me for this blogger honor! I really appreciate him taking out his precious time to read my work and honour me with this Liebster recognition. Mr Rahat Arora is a brilliant travel blogger who writes interesting posts about the fascinating destinations and diverse culture of India. Check out his amazing blog Travel Trivago to know more about him. His site is also available on Pinterest & Instagram.
What is Liebster Award?
The word ‘Liebster’ has a German origin which means ‘dearest’ or ‘valued’. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet and it was created by the bloggers for the bloggers. It is a way to be discovered as a blogger, as well as to connect and support the blogging community. You are chosen and nominated by a fellow blogger and you return that favour by thanking the blogger who nominated you and then nominating 4 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 readers.
Rules of Liebster Award:
- Display the Liebster award on your blog and write a post about the award.
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the questions you have been asked. Feel free to add photos.
- Nominate 4 to 10 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the Liebster award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on.
Here are my answers to the questions Mr. Rahat Arora asked me:
Q1. Why did you start blogging?
A. I’ve always been a travel enthusiast and left my nine years of corporate career to explore more of planet earth. Travel blogging came into existence after suggestions from a couple of friends who were inspired by my travel experiences.
Q2. Do you blog part time or as full-time profession?
A. I do full-time blogging.
Q3. What is the niche/focus area of your blog?
A. Roaming Pirates is a travel blog and my endeavour to share my travel experiences to the world.
Q4. 2 travel quotes that motivates you to travel more?
A. > “Ships in harbour are safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.”
> “You weren’t born to just pay bills and die.”
Q5. Your favorite travel destination all over the world and why?
A. Well, that’s a difficult question because whenever I travel, I carry a piece of that place in my heart to be preserved forever. If I were to choose one place, I would say Bali. I recently visited Bali and I must say I had a taste of heaven. The greenery, the sea, the culture, the cuisine, the people – everything was simply amazing!! No wonder it’s called the ‘Island of Gods’. I would really wish to visit the place again and live there for a couple of months.
Q6. What has traveling taught you about yourself?
A. Travelling has broadened my horizon of thought. It has given a spark to my imagination. The way it connects me to life and beauty of planet earth is simply inexplicable. The more I travel, the better person I become.
Q7. With whom do you travel: Travel alone, travel with friends, travel with loved ones?
A. My all-time travel companion is my husband – the other pirate of the ‘Roaming Pirates’ 😉 However, I do take trips with family and friends as well.
Q8. Is there any travel experience that you need to forget?
A. Not really. All of them are very dear to me!
Q9. When you travel to a country, do you experience the destination by observing its local culture, traditions and way of life?
A. Yes. Getting to know the culture and traditions of a place gives you clear insight into their way of life. We find it quite interesting to talk to the locals – trust me, they are the best guides of the place. We explore the local markets for shopping and dining. These are the best places to enjoy authentic taste of local cuisines.
Q10. Any advice you need to give to your fellow travellers while going out for trip?
A. Every place you visit has a charm and energies of its own. Embrace the unexpected and explore the place like a local. Come out of your comfort zone and try some adventures. Most importantly, collect more memories than things! 🙂
My Nominees For The Next Liebster Award:
Congratulations to all the nominees!! I nominated you because I love your blogs. Now, it’s your turn to recognise other bloggers. I wish you all the best in your blogging career! 🙂
- Alicia Fowler for her blog ‘Photos and Potatoes‘. Alicia is a New Yorker who took a sabbatical from a hectic work/life to travel the world. Her blog focuses on photographic and long-form travel essays and guides to world travel, filled with lots of photos and some potatoes. Get to know more about her travel experiences on Facebook and Instagram.
- Ashveen Ram for his blog ‘Ashveen – Adventures of an Islander’. Ashveen is a friend from Mauritius Island- born, raised and living in Mauritius. He’s an amateur photographer and loves exploring new places. His blog is primarily about his photography and also a narrative of his discover journeys; hiking, discovering new places, and some wedding fun photography as well. Check out more adventures of this islander on his Facebook and Instagram account.
- Jony Jindal for his blog ‘Go4Explore’. Jony is a travel blogger-vlogger-Photographer, who likes to travel the whole day. No matter if its the sunny beaches or the cool Mountains, he wants to explore all the places. He started his blog as a passion to share his travel experiences to the world. He’s a solo traveler who loves adventures. Catch up with more of his travel experiences and travel guides on Facebook and Instagram.
- Vashi Baloria for her blog ‘Tales of That Pashmina Girl’. Vashi, a friend from hometown Jammu, is a creative genius. She is a beautiful model, a great dancer, a yoga enthusiast and a travel and lifestyle blogger. Her blog celebrates the soul of womanhood, who choses to dare and dream despite of all bitter-sweet experiences of life. Check out more tales of this pashmina girl on her Facebook and Instagram account.
My Questions For You To Answer:
1. What made you start a blog?
2. Do you blog part time or as full-time profession?
3. What is the niche/focus area of your blog?
4 Your favourite travel destination and why?
5. Two quotes that motivate you to do more in life?
6. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. What do you hope to accomplish through your blog?
9. What 2 books changed your life positively?
10. What does travelling means to you?
11. If you were to give one piece of advice to someone thinking about starting a blog, what would it be?
Kindly follow the rules and don’t forget to drop me a link to your blog so I can read your answers.